Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime LMS 4.2 - How to Change The Temperature Threshold

udid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a question:

In Cisco Prime LMS 4.2, I get "OutOfRange" events on high temperature threshold.

For example, a device has 46.0 C while the high temperature threshold is 45.0 C

I tried to change the high temperature threshold but the only option I have is to change the "Relative Temperature Threshold".

This value indicates how close the current temperature value  can be to the value that triggers an emergency shutdown, expressed as a  percentage of the emergency shutdown value. For example, if the shutdown  temperature is 50° C and the Relative temperature threshold is 10%, the  OutofRange event occurs if the temperature exceeds 45° C.

Does anybody know if there is an option to change the high temperature threshold expressed as degrees and not as a percentage of the emergency shutdown value.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the following document, it will be helpful to do this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/user/guide/lms_monitor/mnt-setup.html#wp1533162

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Andy Johnson
Level 4
Level 4

Were you able to edit temperature values instead of percentages? I am running into the same situation.

Thanks.

No, you can only change percentages. As noted in the documentation:

Environment

The Environment threshold controls the monitoring of the system environment.

Relative Temperature Threshold

Indicates how close the current temperature value can be to the value that triggers an emergency shutdown, expressed as a percentage of the emergency shutdown value. For example, if the shutdown temperature is 50° C and the Relative temperature threshold is 10%, the OutofRange event occurs if the temperature exceeds 45° C.

If you want to tranlate that to an effective temperature, you will have to figure out what % of the threshold it represents.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: