Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Prime LMS 4.2 - Individual IF Alerts

Greetings!

We are attempting to migrate our interface alert functionality from Solarwinds Orion to Cisco Prime LMS 4.2 . In Solarwinds, we use SNMP Polling. We poll over 1000 interfaces every few minutes for status. When an interface fails we get an email with the email subject containing the failed interface and what device it is on. We get an email for EACH interface. It is nice because we don't have to open the body of the email to know what just occurred.

We are attempting to replicate this in Cisco LMS. I read that it is not advisable to use SNMP polling in LMS. So, we are attempting to use SNMP traps on specific interfaces. This isn't working out as well as I would like. We have been unable to get a successful email.

I have a few questions. First, is anyone using SNMP polling to monitor a large number of variables in their environment? Has anyone been able to successfully use SNMP traps to send alerts to LMS that in turns notifies you via email of the fault?

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content