Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime LMS 4.2 Polling Question

robert.kerns95
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I'm in the process of deploying a Prime LMS 4.2 soft appliance, and I've been trying to locate whether the polling mechanism supports dependencies.  Basically, my company has several remote sites, and there's no reason to attempt polling of Switch A (which is behind Router A) if Router A is down.  I've looked through several of the PDF documents and searched these forums as well as a general Google search with no success.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Robert,

As per my knowledege there is no such mechanism exist . As long the device is added in LMS  , LMS will try to poll the device , even though the device is down.

My suggestion is to suspend that device for time being for which you do not need polling or Alert and once it is back , you can Resume it.

To suspend a device:

Inventory > Device Administration > Manage Device State

click in Managed count , you will see the device list..

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Robert,

As per my knowledege there is no such mechanism exist . As long the device is added in LMS  , LMS will try to poll the device , even though the device is down.

My suggestion is to suspend that device for time being for which you do not need polling or Alert and once it is back , you can Resume it.

To suspend a device:

Inventory > Device Administration > Manage Device State

click in Managed count , you will see the device list..

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

My thanks, sir.  I appreciate your assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: