Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime NCS v1.1 Eval Download

James Johnston
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've been trying to download the evaluation of Cisco Prime NCS v1.1 from the eval page located at the below address so I could, well, evaluate it.

https://cisco.mediuscorp.com/market/networkers/productView.se.work?/nxt/rcrs/proieidentity/=19841

But I've been getting corrupt downloads and can't extract the .OVA file.  I've tried this on a few computers and 2 different OSs, but to no success.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance and sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this question.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry for the delay, James.  I've been going back and forth with product management, and it looks like this might be licked.  Can you try the download again?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry for the delay, James.  I've been going back and forth with product management, and it looks like this might be licked.  Can you try the download again?

Hi Joseph,

It works!  I downloaded it on windows XP and a w7 computer and they both worked this time.  Thanks

Hi James,

May i know how you installed the evaluation version ? The spec says you need minimum 200GB hard disk, is this mandatory ? or can i install in a server with 50GB hard disk space for the evaluation version ? Also i am assuming you installed in a server with

VMware ESX or VMware ESXi Version 5.0  ?

regards

Joe

@wireless.wlc

I installed it on a Cisco UCS server running vSphere 4.1 (ESXi).  The template wants to make it thick provision, but for testing purposes I just made it thin provision.  After only adding maybe... 20 switches, 18 APs and 1 WLC it takes up just shy of 40 GB.

If you try to install on a 50GB hard drive or a datastore that's less than 200GB available, it will probably just give you a warning.  But I'm not 100% sure since this is being deployed from from an OVA template.

I'll install it again on a datastore with only 100GB to test and see if it works that way.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: