cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Network Registrar sync to Regional causing high load on Local servers

Eric Feldhusen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco Prime Network Registrar 8.1.3 cluster all running on VMWare using the Cisco PNR 8.1.3 OVF appliances where we recently started having a problem where during the default four hour sync to the PNR Regional server, we're seeing high load on the two PNR local servers and they become sluggish and begin dropping dhcp and dns offers.

The logs on any of the PNR servers don't indlcate what I see as a problem and the base appliance OS doesn't indicate any issues.

Any suggestions on where to look for errors or any settings I should look to adjust?

Eric Feldhusen

1 Reply 1

Eric Feldhusen
Level 1
Level 1

I've narrowed down the problem to the dhcp lease history sync to the PNR regional server.

In looking at my PNR local servers, both are set to hold the dhcp lease history for 26 weeks, but wouldn't I just need a 2-4 weeks and then the PNR regional holds the dhcp lease history for longer?

Eric Feldhusen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: