Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Questions

Thomas Yarger
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I'm looking at purchasing Cisco Prime. Will that particular software capture all S/N's for all Cisco devices (Switches, Routers, IP Phones)? Lastly, what is the main difference between Cisco Prime LMS and Cisco Prime Infrastructure? Thanks

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes Cisco Prime can generate reports with all of your device serial numbers.

Prime LMS along with Prime NCS make up Prime Infrastructure. Today they are separate products under that umrella and the "Infrastructure" is just a grouping for ordering and indicating the overlap or, depending on how you view it, synergy between the two tools. In the future, there will only be a single Prime Infrastructure product and you will be able to migrate from LMS and/or NCS into that via upgrading and/or availing yourself of Cisco's SASU (Software Application Support plus Upgrade) offering.

Can you search for a device using the serial number in Cisco Prime Infrastructure?

Hi Owen,

No ,we cannot search the device via serial no.

I have attached a screen shot with the available  SEARCH options.

Thanks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

See Marvin Rhoads first response

Prime LMS along with Prime NCS make up Prime Infrastructure. Today they are separate products under that umrella and the "Infrastructure" is just a grouping for ordering and indicating the overlap or, depending on how you view it, synergy between the two tools. In the future, there will only be a single Prime Infrastructure product and you will be able to migrate from LMS and/or NCS into that via upgrading and/or availing yourself of Cisco's SASU (Software Application Support plus Upgrade) offering.

Is there a single Prime Infrastructure Product now?  I have license for Prime Infrastructure 1.3.  But also have license for Prime LMS 4.2.  Do I still need Prime LMS 4.2 when I have Prime Infrastructure 1.3? 

Hi Mike,

Prime LMS is only for LAN management solution.

Prime Infrastructure as mentioned by Marvin will have the  support for both wired and wireless. at the moment ,there are

LMS features which are still not supported in prime Infrastructure .

You can have a look at the below link for feature comparison of BOTH LMS and PI . based on that you can decide ,if you need LMS along with PI .

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/guide_c07-729089.html

Thanks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****