Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Prime VM

Hi,

I was wondering where can i  download the Cisco Prime VM file (trial version)?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

No. Prime LMS and Prime

No. Prime LMS and Prime Infrastructure (PI) are the two main products for managing wired Cisco networks. PI includes very comprehensive wireless management as well.

Prime LMS comes from the CiscoWorks product background and, while no longer sold separately (its license is bundled with new PI purchases), remains the most mature product for management of a wired Cisco LAN. It is no longer being actively developed (as in major releases) but remains a very usable product.

Prime Infrastructure comes from the wireless management products (WCS and, later, NCS). It was just recently updated to version 2.1 and is Cisco's current strategy for wired and wireless management. It has a bunch of new features that LMS will never have added but also does not have every feature for wired management that LMS does.

There a comparison document here.

You're welcome.Please rate

You're welcome.

Please rate helpful replies and mark your question as answered if it has been.

5 REPLIES

Hi anonuevo_rex, If you are

Hi anonuevo_rex,

If you are talking about Prime LMS, Cisco provides ova files for VM installation. But I believe you need to have a valid Cisco Contract account to be able to download.

Regards

Bryan

Hi Bryan Thank you so much

Hi Bryan

Thank you so much for this. BTW, correct me if I'm wrong the Prime LMS is the lite version of Cisco Prime?

Thank you so much

Rex

No. Prime LMS and Prime

No. Prime LMS and Prime Infrastructure (PI) are the two main products for managing wired Cisco networks. PI includes very comprehensive wireless management as well.

Prime LMS comes from the CiscoWorks product background and, while no longer sold separately (its license is bundled with new PI purchases), remains the most mature product for management of a wired Cisco LAN. It is no longer being actively developed (as in major releases) but remains a very usable product.

Prime Infrastructure comes from the wireless management products (WCS and, later, NCS). It was just recently updated to version 2.1 and is Cisco's current strategy for wired and wireless management. It has a bunch of new features that LMS will never have added but also does not have every feature for wired management that LMS does.

There a comparison document here.

Hi Marvin Thank you so much

Hi Marvin

Thank you so much for this. I really appreciate it.

Regards

Rex

You're welcome.Please rate

You're welcome.

Please rate helpful replies and mark your question as answered if it has been.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content