Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Secure Services Client

Is there any way to get the Cisco Secure Services Client to only control my wired connections?

I do not need the supplicant for Wireless connections since that works as I want it and do not want to go through reconfiguring wireless on all the laptops in my organisation.

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Cisco Secure Services Client

If you can live with the features offered by the built-in nonexpiring license that supports a basic wired-only feature set, just don't install the full wired and wireless licenses.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7034/products_qanda_item0900aecd80507fd8.shtml

"Q. What features are available in the nonexpiring, wired-only version of the Cisco Secure Services Client?

A. The following features are available in the nonexpiring, wired-only license:

? EAP methods

?EAP MSCHAPv2

?EAP TLS

?FAST

?GTC

? Smartcard support

? RSA SecureID support

? Wired adapters

? Support for standard RADIUS servers such as Cisco Secure ACS

? Central deployment of Microsoft Active Directory machine or use group policies"

Problem is that if I setup the wired only version, it still takes over my wireless configuration from windows.

Hi,

try with version 4.x. In my tests I found versions 4.1 and 4.2 stay away from wireless.

With 5.0 they bind to wifi adapter.

I think this happens because 5.0 has some kind of "full license with warning". If you try to use an unlicenced feature (on 5.0) it works but the client shows a warning popup. With 4.2 you can't configure an unlicensed feature...

Hope this helps.. :)

--

bye,

Emanuele

Views
Helpful
Replies