Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Security Manager Upgrade - dbeng10.exe is still running

jesper_petersen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm trying to upgrade our CSM from version 4.4-SP2 to v4.5, however the setup complaints that dbeng10.exe is still running, however there is no service to stop this process. Can I just kill it the hard way or is there a better way to do it? I don't want to ruin anything.
I would have thought that it would have been shut down gracefully by the upgrade process. Perhaps there is something wrong somewhere?

Maybe related to https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10721356/lms-31-backup-done-process-still-running

Our CSM is running on Win2008 R2.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can kill this process using windows task manager. Open task manager and find this dbeng10* processes > right  click > end this process.

Than your installation should be able to proceed.

The link you mentioned is another issue they are not correlated. While doing upgrade when installer finds any major process which may hold major resources required to update, it will halt and not proceed unless the process is killed/stopped.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can kill this process using windows task manager. Open task manager and find this dbeng10* processes > right  click > end this process.

Than your installation should be able to proceed.

The link you mentioned is another issue they are not correlated. While doing upgrade when installer finds any major process which may hold major resources required to update, it will halt and not proceed unless the process is killed/stopped.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Thank you for your reply. I killed the process the hard way and the setup continued and completed successfully.