Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco View displaying additional ports of device in Chasis View

kamallohiaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am getting additional port in Chasis view of the device, the port I am getting does not exist at all and the actual ports are also indicating wrong port status but in actual it is different.

Pls find the attached screenshot and provide the solution ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds.

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of CiscoView are you using? What versions of Cat6000IOS, CLIParser, and Entity CiscoView packages do you have loaded What version of code is this 7606 running?

I am using CiscoView 6.1.8 and device IOS ver is c72033-ipservicesk9_wan-vz122-33-SXH4.bin.

Can you pls let me know how do we get CLI Parser and Entity, we have loaded all the default packages comes along with LMS 3.1.

Go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, and click on the CiscoView link. Search for the package names I asked you about previously, and post all of the relevant versions.

We are using RTR7000 package for this device, the problem is we are having problem with only one device in our network, all other other devices with the same model and OS are showing correct port details in cisco view.

Can you pls let me know if there are chanses for MIB corruption on particular device and also saw somewhere that ifindex content of MIBs are related for the displaying the correct port nos. in cisco view, is it possible to filter or modify that?

Pls find the attachments which are showing actual and cisco view images.

This could be a problem with the ENTITY-MIB on this device, but I would first like to confirm you have the latest versions of the packages I mentioned previously. Post an SNMP Walk of the entPhysicalTable and the NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/maps/cvwPackageMap.map file.

Hi jclarke,

I would like to inform you that I have two 7606-s routers and I am having wrong display problem with both devices in Cisco View, both devices have sysobjectid 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.863 and running with IOS image ver c7600rsp72043-advipservicesk9-mz.122-33.SRC3.bin.

The Cisco view is showing wrong port details of module SPA-2X1GE-V2 which is installed on the 3/0 subslot of 4-subslot SPA Interface Processor-400 card installed on 3rd slot of the device.(Pls see attached log file which is showing port and module details.)

Also find the requested output of cvwpackage.map file and SNMP walk of the device.

I have also updated the device package version of RTR7000 from 21 ver to 22 and also tried to remove or add devics again after the device package update but nothing happened.

Out of 5 ports, two ports which are shwoing green are marked with slot no. s3/0/0 and all other ports are maked with port no. se3/0.

I am also attaching actual and cisco view display attachment again.

Request you to go through the attached files and provide the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

kamal Singh

Actually, the package being used for this device is the Cat6000IOS package, which is slightly out of date. I found one bug relating to your SPA (CSCsm75812) in package 30.0. There is a 30.1 on Cisco.com. Can you upgrade to Cat6000IOS 30.1, and see if this problem goes away?

Hi Jclarke,

Thanks for the support.

I 've upgraded the Cat6000IOS packages form ver. 30 to 30.1 and it is upto date now.

Now the addional port has been disappeared and it is showing total four ports but sequencing of ports on the module is not correct.

In actual view two fiber ports should be on the left side and their corresponding electrical ports should be on the right side but in cisco view,we are getting electrical port on left most side and after that it is showing both fiber ports and in the last,remaining electrical port on the right side.

Pls find the screenshots of the actual view and chasis view of the device for details.

I checked the provided bug id details on the web and it's showing that there is no workaround available for this bug.I wanted to know if this bug has been fixed or any other bug is related to this kind of problem?

I also wanted to know if we can manipulate the ports sequencing by some other way as you told me about Entity MIB or ifindex value.

Thanks & Regards,

Kamal

It looks like you have found a new bug. Unfortunately, there is no way to adjust the order of the ports. The CiscoView package code must be fixed. I suggest you open a TAC service request so this problem can be reproduced and recorded.

Hi JClarke,

Thanks for the support.

I just wanted to confirm if CSCsm75812 bug is fixed or not and Cat6000IOS 30.1 is the latest package and if you have any idea when Cisco is going to release update for the package Cat6000IOS 30.1.

Regards,

Kamal

This bug should be fixed in package 30.1. You appear to be seeing a new issue at this point in that the gif for this module is just wrong (i.e. the order of the ports is wrong).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: