Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO VIEW

rene.melendez
Level 1
Level 1

hello everybody

I have CW lms 2.6, my problem is with the cisco view 6.1.5, it can't show the routers (2800,2600,3800,3600 series and ASA 5500,pix 515)and show the next error:

=========================================

Cause

This error could be due to lack of access to the host, invalid SNMP credentials, or a busy device.

Action

Please verify the access to the host, the SNMP credentials or try increasing timeout value through the preference options available on chassis view

=========================================

I configurated snmp RW and I load the last device packages version and the same error appear.

I can see that in CS>Devices Update>RME>Device Map>the router's SysObjectID appear, but in CS>Devices Update>CV>Device Map>SysObjectID not appear.

Is this normal?

What can I do?

Other question, the problem above has connection when I use topology Services and try to show me the complete topology?

Regards,

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, validate that you have correct SNMP credentials for these devices in DCR. You can test these credentials using RME's Device Credential Verification feature under RME > Devices > Device Management. Also, check the device configurations to make sure you are allowed to poll the device with SNMP from the CiscoWorks server.

Next, check to make sure you have the Rtr2800, Rtr2600, Rtr3800, Rtr3600, ASA, and Pix CiscoView packages loaded. What versions of each do you have?

The SNMP credential problem would definitely affect Campus Manager as well, but Campus Manager does not support the PIX and ASA devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco