Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Works 2000 LMS 2.5 - Dual Processor.

I currently have a Compaq DL380 and am trying to have improved performance so I am trying to investigate if it is possible to have a Windows system (Compaq DL380) with Dual processor to be used for Cisco Works 2000 LMS 2.5.

Questions:

Does LMS work with dual processors on Windows?

Does LMS with Dual processors increase the performance of the application or does LMS just use one Processor?

Are there any complications to using LMS with Dual processors?

Can the second processor be installed after LMS installation?

I could not find the information from cisco. Does anyone have this info , Could you please help me with answers

All responses are appreciated, Thank you

- Ajay Venkatesh

2 REPLIES
Red

Re: Cisco Works 2000 LMS 2.5 - Dual Processor.

- Does LMS work with dual processors on Windows?

Yes it does.

- Does LMS with Dual processors increase the performance of the application or does LMS just use one Processor?

The performance will improve if you add a second processor. Also make sure you have the minimum memory requirement (2 GB for restricted license, 4 GB for unrestricted license).

- Are there any complications to using LMS with Dual processors?

There are no complication.

- Can the second processor be installed after LMS installation?

Yes, you may install the second processot after LMS installation.

Re: Cisco Works 2000 LMS 2.5 - Dual Processor.

Thank you for your response.

Do you have any references from Cisco that confirm your answers. I have to provide documentation to get the system approved for the config or 2 processors.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

- Ajay Venkatesh

Views
Helpful
Replies