Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works -Archiving Network Devices

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

We are using Cisco Works RME 4.0. Somehow CW unable to 'Archive'/'Backup'any of the discovered 70 devices(Error description: Check the SNMP string and licence).Devices configured with TACACS. Both are existing. Any idea..?

Thank you in advance.

MS

29 Replies 29

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you really using RME 4.0? If so, I highly suggest you upgrade to at least LMS 2.5.1 which includes RME 4.0.3. Beyond that, check your protocol order under RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Transport Settings, and verify the devices' credentials in Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management. You will need at least an SNMP read-write community string or telnet/SSH username/password credentials to fetch device configurations.

Hi,

Thank you and apologize for the mess up information in the original query. I have checked the versions and find RME : 4.0.3 (LMS version 2.5). here are the errors messages I observed...

Few Devices:

CM0056 Config fetch failed for 'testrtr' Cause: CM0204 Could not create

DeviceContext for 39 Cause: CM0202 Could not access 'testrtr' via SNMP.

Action: Check the Read Community string Action: Check if required device packages

are available in RME. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required

device package is installed.

Few devices:

Failed to fetch config using RCP.Connection refused: connect Verify RCP is enabled or not.

Fetch portocol Sequence: TELNET , TFTP, SSH, RCP, HTTPS

I tried to create a simple job of 'Show info' and the error message:

NS0039 : Could not get details for Job 0. Check whether CTMJrmServer and jrm processes

are running properly. If not, restart it and try again.

The CW is running on Windows box.

Please advise. Thank you in advance for your time.

regards

MS

Please provide the output of pdshow as well as a show ver from this test device.

Hi Clarke,

Actually even i am facing the same error for a few devices wherein the device backup fails with error message "CM0056 Config fetch failed for xxxxxxx Cause: CM0204 Could not create DeviceContext for 489 Cause: CM0202 Could not access xxxxxx via SNMP. Action: Check the Read Community string Action: Check if required device packages are available in RME. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed.

I am using LMS2.5 & RME version is 4.0.4. I checked the communitity sting on router and cisco works is the same. Also telnet is allowed to the device. The protocol selected on Cisco works is TELNET. I have three devices with this error and all three are Cisco switches (3500 series). Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks again for your assistance.

- Manoj

Please see the attached show ver.

Also, one thing I just observed, Devce credential report stating:

None of the devices have credential verification data.

Thank you

MS

This show ver is from a 7200 router and not a 3500 switch. I assume, though, that the problem is affecting this router as well. What version of the Rtr7000 package do you have loaded for RME (find this under Common Services > Software Center > Device Update)? Please provide the list of contents of NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\pkgs and NMSROOT\www\classpath\com\cisco\nm\xms\psu\pkgs\rme.

I also need to see your pdshow output.

Clarke,

Actually i am facing issue on a 3550 switch and MS is having issue on 7200 router. Anyways from my end, when i try to search for the packet installed, below is the output

1. Cat5500 1.1 Cat5500 device package

2. Cat3500XL 1.1 Cat3500XL device package

3. Cat3000 1.1 Cat3000 device package

4. Cat3550 1.1 Cat3550 device package

5. Cat6000IOS 3.0 Cat6000IOS device package

6. Cat4000IOS 2.0 Cat4000IOS device package

7. Cat4200 1.1 Cat4200 device package

8. Cat2900 1.1 Cat2900 device package

9. Cat4000 1.1 Cat4000 device package

10. CatGL3 1.1 CatGL3 device package

11. Cat5000 1.1 Cat5000 device package

12. Cat2948GL3 1.1 Cat2948GL3 device package

13. Cat8500 1.1 Cat8500 device package

14. Cat2900XL 2.0 Cat2900XL device package

15. Cat6000 2.0 Cat6000 device package

16. Cat3560 2.0 Cat3550 device package

17. Cat1900 2.0 Cat1900 device package

18. Cat3750 2.0 Cat3750 device package

19. CatalystCMM 1.0 Cisco Catalyst 6000 and 7000 series Communication Media Module device package

20. Cat2960 2.0 Cat2900 device package

Also the Ciscoworks at my end is installed on a Unix system, hence i will not be able to provide the other details that you requested. Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks!

Enable ArchiveMgmt debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, then run the sync job against this one 3500 switch. Post the resulting /var/adm/CSCOpx/log/dcmaservice.log.

Hi,

I altered some RME configuration and ran 'Sync Archive' for the testrtr and now the job is 'Partially Successful' and the message :

CM0057 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS, archival failed for 'testrtr' Cause: CM0210 Unable to generate processed config Action: Verify that archive exists for device.

Please advise. Once i get full access to the Server, i will email the reqd. o/p.

Thank you in advance.

MS

Hi MS,

Can you plz post what RME config change have you done. Thanks!

- Manoj

The ArchiveMgmt debugging is critical at this point to see what the problem is.

Clarke,

Since i dont have access, I have actually put forward your suggestions to the administrator for enabling debugging and providing debug logs. Once i get, i will certainly post the logs. Since MS informed he made some changes which partially resolved his issue, so was just curious to know ;-) .. Thx

- Manoj

Hi Monoj,

Simple things I did

1. Re-entered the RO/RW community for the testrtr.

2. Fetchconfig protocol order--> Moved TFTP to the top

3. Took out Job passcodes.

HTH

Thanks

MS

Hi Clarke,

I've managed to get the debug logs. If you can, can u plz share your e-mail id, i will send it to u by mail ... its actually about 5 MB, so i can just winrar and send it to you. Also keeping in mind security policies ;-). If not, then i will upload the debug in the forum. Thanks for ur understanding.

- Manoj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: