Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco works assistant 1.1 with LMS 3.1

ciscoowsc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Setting a default credentials in ciscoworks assistant is compulsary before discovering devices in LMS 3.1.

For example primary username & password & enable password. OR

In common services if i dont select any protocol in discovery module and any seed device except snmp settings will LMS would be able to discover???

Thnaks

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Setting up default credentials is NOT required. You can simply configure some SNMP credentials in Discovery directly or through CWA, then Discovery will work.

Hi,

Then for what purpose the primary credentials & secondary credentials & enable secret is used for.

while discovering some of the devices are unreacheable but actually they are reacheable from ur previous archives i have seen discovery issues that u have mentioned that cheked with SNMP for reacheability,by doing SNMPwalk or packet capture

Can i do a snmpwalk from my LMS 3.1 portal or advice me for any third party software for snmpwalk.

The other credentials are used for other applications. For example, the username and password credentials are used by RME to fetch and deploy device configurations and software images. The read-write community string is used by applications such as RME, Campus, and IPM.

You can do an SNMP Walk from Device Center.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: