Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Works Campus Manager

I am very disappointed with the new LMS 2.5 product. Devices are being discovered but its showing them unreachable, the LMS server can ping/snmp to the device and there are no firewalls blocking it.

I have been informed that Cisco havent fixed the issue to do with Trunk Ports which would cause end user devices not to be discovered correctly. We are rolling out IPT telephony across our large site(s) and we require trunk ports.

Anyone have any recommendations for alternative products or any ideas when these will be fixed.

2 REPLIES
Red

Re: Cisco Works Campus Manager

Check what community string Campus Manager is using to discover the devices (set up a packet capture).

User Tracking will discover Cisco IP Phones that are plugged into trunk ports.

Re: Cisco Works Campus Manager

The community strings I have defined within the ANI server are the correct ones :). They work fine with LMS2. Are there any logs other than discovery and ani server which could tell me why CW believes the device is unreachable !

Regarding the trunk ports are you saying that IP Phones and end devices(PC's) are still located with Campus Manager. Information I have recieved suggested that this was broken.

Any ideas how I can diagnose this part of it !

Views
Helpful
Replies