Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works IOS push

I am having issues pushing out IOSs to my network. I want to have CiscoWorks do it because I have over 300 Cisco Switches on the network to include 3750, 3560 and 2950s. The problem I am having is that CiscoWorks will not delete the old IOS to make room for the new one. I have scoured the options but I am not seeing how to get it to delete the old IOS. Does anyone have any advice?

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Typically, RME will delete the old IOS in favor of the new code if the flash is not sufficiently large to hold both.

However, for these models, if you are using .tar images, RME runs the archive command with the /overwrite flag which will overwrite the previous image directory with the new one. RME will also manually remove files from flash based on a pre-configured ruleset.

What version of RME are you using? Have you actually tried deploying a SWIM job to one of these switches? What error did you see? What was on flash to begin with?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: