Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works LMS 3.1 -- logs of device reboot

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Cisco team,

How to configure ciscoworks in order to get the logs from the cisco devices which reboots automatically. Im in need of getting this kind of logs in ciscoworks.

Can you pls help.

regards

~PR

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nothing needs to be done in CiscoWorks. You just need to configure your device to send syslog messages to the RME server. This is typically done with the command:

logging x.x.x.x

Where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the RME server. RME will then process the messages, and add them to its database (assuming the device is already managed). Once in the database, you can run reports to see the collected messages.

Thanks clarke, as you are helping me second time over here.. previous problem was high memory utilization for which i opened a case and tac is helping me. Ok, in here, i am getting all the logs from the devices except the logs like "device has rebooted", rather getting only link down logs. Is it possible to get such logs which clearly says that the device has got rebooted or like that.

regards

~PR

Is it possible to get logs in CW which tells that device has got rebooted.

The device will send all of its syslog messages to RME. However, some messages may not make it since the network has not converged, and there is no way to send the UDP packet. RME has a built-in report to track device reloads called the Reload Report (under RME > Reports > Report Generator > Syslog). If the device could send one of the messages matching the patterns:

*-*-*-RESTART-*, Nodemgr-*-5-CE-*REBOOT*, SYS-*-5-RELOAD-*, RESTART-*-*-*-*, SNMP-*-5-COLDSTART-*

Then those messages will appear in this report.

Hi Clarke,

Could you please give me some document on how to optimize the ciscoworks so as to increase the performance. And would like to know what to be done when LMS is getting hung intermetenly and unable to access the portal.

~PR

Start a new threads for these queries.

Hi Clarke, Is it possible to do email alerts in dfm for device reboot?

~PR