cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco works LMS 4.0 problem

newone111
Level 1
Level 1

We use LMS Cisco works in my work to monitor our devices but suddenly it appear for me 

Processes UPMProcess are down and the process state the administrator has shut this server down 

and on monitor screen Device Availability , CPU Utilization Summary Chart, TOP-N Memory Utilization it doesn't appear so how can i make this process up again 

Actually, i put my question before in wrong section and Mr.Marvin Rhoads told me to put it here . Also he gave me solution by using those command 

Windows:

net stop crmdmgtd

net start crmdmgtd

to stop all process and run it again but still same problem. I hope if you have any other ideas to solve this problem 

best regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

what is the size of the UPM.db (NMSROOT/CSCOpx/databases/UPM) ?

**if you poll more than supported no. of MIB as per the hardware you have then it may cause the issue.

check the below link for supported no. of MIBs as per the hardware specification::

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-2/user/guide/lms_monitor/lms_mnt/mnt-perf.html#wp1612814

If the Database size has grown Extremely large then the best thing is to re-initialize the HUM database to fix the issue ,Below are the steps:

3.1   : Stop the daemon manager

net stop crmdmgtd ( windows)

/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop (linux/solaris)

3.2::

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=upm dmprefix=UPM    (winodws)   

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=upm dmprefix=UPM                       (linux/solaris)

3.3::

start the daemon manager

net start crmdmgtd ( windows)

/etc/init.d/dmgtd start (linux/solaris)

hope it will help

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

so the command should be

First Browse to

C:/Progra~2/CSCOpx/bin>

then copy and paste the below command::

perl.exe C:/Progra~2/CSCOpx/binbin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=upm dmprefix=UPM

stopped the daemon manager first .. :)

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

what is the size of the UPM.db (NMSROOT/CSCOpx/databases/UPM) ?

**if you poll more than supported no. of MIB as per the hardware you have then it may cause the issue.

check the below link for supported no. of MIBs as per the hardware specification::

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-2/user/guide/lms_monitor/lms_mnt/mnt-perf.html#wp1612814

If the Database size has grown Extremely large then the best thing is to re-initialize the HUM database to fix the issue ,Below are the steps:

3.1   : Stop the daemon manager

net stop crmdmgtd ( windows)

/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop (linux/solaris)

3.2::

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=upm dmprefix=UPM    (winodws)   

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=upm dmprefix=UPM                       (linux/solaris)

3.3::

start the daemon manager

net start crmdmgtd ( windows)

/etc/init.d/dmgtd start (linux/solaris)

hope it will help

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Dear afroz ,

Thank you for your answer actually i want say sorry for that rating i put it in wrong i tried to edit but i couldn't sorry again . i want from you afroz to tell me how i can know the specification Hardware Configuration-based MIB Object Polling Support and also the size of UPM.db 5.21 GB
cause im still new employee so in this case i need your help if you dont mind

aslo when i tryed to apply the second command and it is not work knowing i change in the path 

hi,

As I said in my earlier post  , check the below link , see what is your hardware specification ::

commands::

For e.g  your NMSROOT is  c:\progra~1 then

on the command prompt Brwose to

C:/Progra~1/CSCOpx/bin>perl.exe C:/Progra~1/CSCOpx/binbin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=upm dmprefix=UPM

opt/CSCOpx/bin > /opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=upm dmprefix=UPM                       (linux/solaris)

hope it will help

Thanks-

Afroz

thank you to answer 

afroz yes i see the link but i mean how i can get my hardware specification for the  Configuration-based MIB Objects Polling to compare with that table 

when i do the command thats apper 

C:\Program Files (x86)>CSCOpx\bin\perl.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\binbin\
dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=upm dmprefix=UPM

Can't open perl script "C:\Program": No such file or directory

share the output of the command " path "

attached 

Open the command prompt and type " path"

share that with me.

Thanks-

attached 

so the command should be

First Browse to

C:/Progra~2/CSCOpx/bin>

then copy and paste the below command::

perl.exe C:/Progra~2/CSCOpx/binbin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=upm dmprefix=UPM

stopped the daemon manager first .. :)

Thanks-

Afroz

Thank you afroz the commmand applyed succesfully .

I want to inform you that there is  note that i read it  which is 

"Note: All three of the DFM (Fault Management) databases (dfmInv, dfmEpm, and dfmFh) should be reinitialized at the same time.  DFM (Fault Management) also uses another datastore which must also be deleted.  After reinitializing the DFM SQL Anywhere databases, delete the DFM.rps and DFM1.rps files underNMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf."

i read this from  https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/33056/lms-database-troubleshooting

so im not sure what to do before start the deamon manager again 

thank you 

why you need to reintialize DFM database ?

i just read it and thought i need to do it so i asked you anyway i will not do it if it is not important and tomorrow i will start the daemon manager to see if the problem fix

afroz im sorry but i want ask you again how i can know the CPU count and swap space and Ram space and Number of MIB Objects Polled , knowing in the monitor screen appear to me we have 9802 objects polled so i need to know our hardware how much support ?

Finally, i want to explain for me briefly what mean MIB objects polled ? 

Thank you 

Thank you 

Run the command "systeminfo" on the command prompt of the server to know your server hardware specifcation then compare it with that table from the link.

To know how many obects curretnly polled you need to get into the database. here are the steps::

How  to know the number of Active poller in hum please follow the following :

Please log into dbreader using the following::
http://servername : 1741/dbreader/dbreader.html
or
https:// servername : 443/dbreader/dbreader.html

user Id is DBA
Database Name is upm
password :: user defined (by default password is c2ky2k)

1.       Here is the query to get the total mibobject count for the active pollers

“select count (*) from Poller_Details_Table a,Poller_Definition_Table b where a.PollerId =
b.PollerId and b.Poller_State NOT IN (1);”

what mean MIB objects polled

In HUM ( health and utilization monitor ) where you create pollers , these pollers are nothing but the OID or MIB objects getting polled by LMS from your network devices.

Let's say CPU utilzation poller :: this is polling an object called

Object     cpmCPUTotal5minRev OID     1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.8  to get the CPU information from your devices.

these are the MIB Objects.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?objectInput=1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.8&translate=Translate&submitValue=SUBMIT

Hope it will calrify your doubt.

Thanks-

Afroz

yes really thank you afroz to help me until solve this problem

i start the daemon manager today the lms work correctly

Also,i use the systeminfo but i'm not sure about the specification so i will shared some information with you to tell me which one is matched

Finally,i need your advise to let this problem not happened in the future again cause the Network grows increasingly here

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: