Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

cisco works on unix

when we install LMS 2.5, we get an user friendly management software with nice graphical views.

question:

do we get the same view(same graphics, same GUI) when we install LMS 2.5 on UNIX?

thanks for helping :)

ohal

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: cisco works on unix

The CiscoWorks LMS 2.5 install on Solaris is text-based. It is not a "Windows" based, graphical install.

Is that important?

I'm thinking some environments may not care to run X11 or whatever to have a one-time instance "pretty" install.

Of course once installed the user interface on a Solaris server is the same web-based interface as a Windows server.

Silver

On windows you get animation, on solaris you get to see what it is doing (more or less).

What do you prefer?

Cheers,

Michel

hi

I am sorry I couldnt express my self.

installation process is not important. What I am asking is after the installation.

Mate said:

"Of course once installed the user interface on a Solaris server is the same web-based interface as a Windows server."

It seems user interfaces are Identical on solaris and windows.

If that is true, once cisco works installed on solaris, managing and monitoring the network on solaris will not be different than doing it from windows that I am familiar.

Cisco Employee

Once you have installed it, the client looks the same no matter what the server OS is.

The web based client is the same, about the only differences would be any maintenance you had to perform manually on the server if needed.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content