Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco works over MPLS network.

I have CIsco works installation, Initially they had FR links to connect remote branches. I have enabled CDP over WAN links to detect the remote ands and was working fine.

Now they are connecting new branches over MPLS cloud. I cannot enable CDP here because it is a Layer 3 network.

How do I configure to detect these branches with Cisco Works ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Cisco works over MPLS network.

You can import them as opposed to typing each one into the GUI; but essentially, yes, each site will need at least one seed device.

Cisco Employee

The online help from Campus Manager > Administration > Device Discovery > Discovery Settings > Seed Devices will tell you the format of the import file.

Currently, discovery uses SNMP to poll the CISCO-CDP-MIB and ATM-MIB for CDP and ILMI neighbor information respectively. A future version of LMS will add non-CDP based discovery algorithms, so this type of topology will be supported in the future.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

You will need to add a seed device in each remote branch for Discovery to pick them up. While this will discover all devices in the remote branches, your topology map will be disjoint since there is no way to connect the remote branches across the MPLS cloud.

Thanks for the answer..

I have only one router in each remote branch. Support I have 300 remote branches, then I will have to enter all 300 ip addresses as seed devices manually ?

Cisco Employee

You can import them as opposed to typing each one into the GUI; but essentially, yes, each site will need at least one seed device.

Thanks,

It is great that I can get following info:

1. How to import the IP addresses

2. Is there any way to use SNMP ALONE so that it will detect devices ?

Cisco Employee

The online help from Campus Manager > Administration > Device Discovery > Discovery Settings > Seed Devices will tell you the format of the import file.

Currently, discovery uses SNMP to poll the CISCO-CDP-MIB and ATM-MIB for CDP and ILMI neighbor information respectively. A future version of LMS will add non-CDP based discovery algorithms, so this type of topology will be supported in the future.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content