Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco works problem

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

I have CW 2000 with RME 3.5 IDU 11.0

Due to some reason i was not able to view the syslogs. My colleague reinstalled the RME ( from the installation CD).

Now i see that the daemon manager service is not starting up.

When i try to reinstall RME again it gives me an error saying that you should have atleast IDU 8.0 running on your system to upgrade to IDU 11.0. When i try to install IDU 8.0 it pops an error saying cannot downgrade some components and hence installation is discontinued.

Since the Daemon manager service is not running, we are not able to add/delete devices.

Any help would be appreciated

Narayan

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What happens if you try to reinstall the LMS 2.2 Update 1 mega-patch (http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms)?

This patch needs to be installed prior to install RME 3.5 IDU 8.0.

sorry i am running RME 3.4

anyway when i try to install the patch it says the components are already installed and when then tries to start the daemon manager and fails

Narayan

Well, being on RME 3.4 instead of 3.5 makes a huge difference. That patch is specifically for LMS 2.2. At this point, your best bet is to uninstall CiscoWorks, and reinstall from scratch, then re-apply all RME and Campus IDUs.

i just dont want to lose the database. Is there any way of restoring the Devices i have added after i reinstall cisco works from scratch.

Narayan

If you can take a backup of LMS, you can restore that backup once you have everything reinstalled.

Since dmgtd cannot start, you will have to do thia manually from the CLI. You will need to run the following command:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/backup.pl BACKUP_DIR

For example, for Solaris:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/perl /opt/CSCOpx/bin/backup.pl /backup/cw

And for Windows:

C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\backup.pl C:\backup\cw

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: