cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works - sharing layout in CM Topology Services

peter.krohn
Level 1
Level 1

In Cisco Works, Campus Manager, Visuliazation, Topology Services when making a Display View under for instance VTP Views you get the opportunity of saving the current view layout.

I have put some time into the different layouts representing our network, and would like colleagues to have the opportunity of using these layouts. But layouts are saves on a per user basis.

Does somebody know how to point any Cisco Works users default layout to a saved (shared) layout, or any other way to acheive this? I cannot find any directions in the manual.

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can manually copy the XML files and preferences from one user's settings to another. This will effectively copy the layouts. Simply copy all off the files under NMSROOT/campus/etc/users/USERNAME to the new user's USERNAME directory. For example, to copy admin's settings to a user, jclarke, copy all of the files under NMSROOT/campus/etc/users/admin to NMSROOT/campus/etc/users/jclarke.

This was exactly what I needed - I'll just automatically every week/day copy the XML to all users. THX :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: