Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco works.

ilnaiduccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

I need fully information on Cisco-works.

In cisco works we have tabs like

Common Services, Device Fault Manager, LMS Setup Center, Campus Manager, RME and Internetwork Performance Monitor.

Can anybody tell what is the purpose of these tabs and how we can utilize these all.

Regards,

Naidu.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Each tab is called a View. Each application within the LMS bundle installs its own View. You can customize these Views (with the exception of the Functional View) by adding or removing portlets. If you click the Help link at the top right-hand corner of the window, you will get more help on how to use the CiscoWorks Portal.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes i will check with cisco help link, mean while i need to know where we can configure / remove devices.

I heard Cisco-works will send mail to us when any problem with device like down or something, so where exactly these configuration need to be done.

Regards

Naidu.

You can add devices to the Device Credential Repository under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management. DFM is the application which monitors the devices for reachability, and can send emails when a device goes down.

Once you have devices in DCR, go to DFM > Device Management > Device Import to sync those devices into DFM. Email notifications can be configured under DFM > Notification Services. The online help under Notification Services will explain the steps necessary to configure the notification group, then associate the notification group with an email notification subscription.

You might also be interested in reading the LMS white papers at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2425/prod_white_papers_list.html . The deployment guide for your version of LMS should help get you started configuring everything.