cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO Works

kltaylor1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem that I need some help with. I have a copy of cisco works loaded on two systems.

I'm trying to manage a bunch of Cat2950s. Problem is that on one when you bring up one of the 2950s in the cisco view it will allow you to monitor and configure the switch. The other system when you bring up the same 2950, it does not give you the chance to manage it. It lets you monitor it, or try to manage it as a stacked/clustered system.

Any suggestions

Ken Taylor

1 Reply 1

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

The sharing of device list and credentials among various network management products is achieved through a Client-Server mechanism. The clients are network management applications that use DCR. The server is called the DCR Server. DCR works based on a Master-Slave model. DCR Server can also be in Standalone mode.

Here is a link if you wish a deeper explanation of this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3996/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008022f961.html#wp1104098

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: