Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CiscoView Error

I have a problem accessing some devices on Ciscoview. I get this error.

Message: Can't find applicable device package for 172.21.203.2.

Cause: Device package for this device type is not installed or device support for this device type might not be available or you are attempting to open a component inside a device.

Action: Please install a device package for the device type or open the parent device to manage the component.

Kindly assist me in resolving this.

4 REPLIES

Re: CiscoView Error

Go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update check CiscoViewand download the latest device packages from CCO. If it is a new device model it may still not be supported.

If the before mentioned update does not help, please provide the sysObjectID of the device.

Thanks. I will do it, will get back if it doesn't work.

cisco 1801 router 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.638 is not working with ciscoview 6.1.7 (lms 3.1)

I went to CS-> device packages update , installed rtr1800, installed it and restarted dmtgd but still can t see my device over ciscoview ...it shows me the same error as above (previous post). It is working fine for all my access-point AP1242AG

any ideay or any log file i could check why exactly it s failing.

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies