cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoView Question

andrewswanson
Level 7
Level 7

We’re planning to use Ciscoworks to allow some support staff access to 2950/1900 switches in order to change speed/duplex settings. Ciscoworks is integrated with ACS 3.3 and we can assign users to different roles which works ok.

We’re planning to use CiscoView 6.1.4 to give the support staff a GUI to change speed/duplex on the switches but the option to change these settings isn’t available (even if logged in as administrator).

Selecting the Configure option on an interface only gives the option to change Admin Status, Up/Down Traps, Aggregation Protocol and Local Description.

We’ve updated the device packages but still no joy. Is CiscoView the best way to achieve what we’re trying to do.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you would have to use the cluster management suite to make the configuration changes. CiscoView does not do the configurations on devices that either have VMS or CMS. They should give the option to launch them though

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you right click on the chassis of the switch instead of a port do you get the option configure? with a lot of these switches you have to do this to launch Visual Switch Manager to make the changes.

i do get the configure option when i right click the chassis but i've gone through all the options and could't see anything. Do i have to use Cluster Management Suite to give users access?

thanks

Yes, you would have to use the cluster management suite to make the configuration changes. CiscoView does not do the configurations on devices that either have VMS or CMS. They should give the option to launch them though

thanks for the help