cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks 2.6 for Windows "Server Not Ready"

chriss
Level 1
Level 1

I've just upgraded from Ciscoworks LMS 2.2 to 2.6. When I try to launch Ciscoworks it takes me to a web page that says "Server Not Ready Please wait...system is still coming up You will be redirected to a login page soon" The page will refresh every 10 seconds or so but it never goes to a login or anything. It's been at least an hour and all of the Ciscoworks related services appear to be started. I don't have anything in the Windows EventViewer that looks suspicious. What's my next step?

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check your CiscoWorks service startup parameters, and make sure that the only ones that are set to automatic are CiscoWorks Daemon Management, RCP, RSH, TFTP, and the IPM services. The rest must be set to manual. If anything needed changing, reboot the server.

If the services are correct, run "pdshow Tomcat" and make sure it is running. In either case, the NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\logs\stdout.log should have more information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: