Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CiscoWorks 2.6

Hallo, all

is there a way to change the backup destination to a network drive ?

Thanx

6 REPLIES
Blue

Re: CiscoWorks 2.6

Assuming the network drive is persistently mounted, you can point LMS to the file system through Common Servies -> Server -> Admin -> Backup.

This don't work on my system. Drive z: is definitiv mounted and casuser have full rights. The answer is:

"Error in creating the backup directory Z:/. Please give permission for casuser to create the above directory. "

Thanx

have you defined a directory or just the drive letter?.

Create a directory on the target manually, assign casuser full rights and then enter the path to the dir in the GUI.

Cisco Employee

Looks like permissions problems. Can you create a directory in under here called backup, give casuser full permissions, and then enter the full path to this directory? Does it work then?

Yes, if I connect to the networkdrive as casuser i can create directorys or files.

K.

As Admin, create a directory on the mounted networkdrive which you will use to store the backups. Then give casuser full permission on that directory. Login to your LMS go to the GUI where you define the path for the backup-dir and enter the full path in the appropriate field. That should work...

Views
Helpful
Replies