Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks 3.0 performance

egomezelvira
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have just installed CiscoWorks 3.0 and it has problems with performance. The RAM memory raises to the maximum and stays in the maximum all the time (so it makes impossible to navigate in the portal). I have no device added and i have tried to install the dic update 2007 but still the same.

The server is a ProLiant DL360 G5 with 4 gb. of RAM memory and 8 gb. of Swap and windows 2003 SE SPK 2. The installation directory is no the default, but f:/CSCOpx.

The CPU is OK. I have installed Ciscoworks via iLO console.

The "top" processes in memory consumption are:

tomcat (257M), java (88M), sm_server (60M), sm_server (60M), 13 cwjava.exe processes (20-50M each).

Thank you in advanced.

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This doesn't look problematic to me. Tomcat can take up to 1 GB of memory, and various Java processes can also climb quite high (ANIServer, for example, can take up to 1280 MB). In fact, without any devices, LMS requires 2 GB of RAM and 4 GB of swap just to start. A server with 4 GB of physical RAM (provided you have 8 GB of swap since Java heavily relies on swap space) will allow you to manage up to 5,000 devices (provided this is a dual-core or multi-CPU box).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: