Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCOWORKS and NNM

nunoscosta
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I have Ciscoworks 2000 RME Ver.3.5 running on Windows Server Box and also we have HP Open View Ver. 8.06xx running on HPUX 11 Box.

The question is...

How can i integrate both? This will cost anything? Where i can find information about that and how to do it?

Thank you guys!

Best regards,

Nuno Costa

5 Replies 5

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

do you really yet have NNM 8.x??

I thought it should be released middle of next year (2007). The last version of NNM I saw was 7.5.1 and there are integration modules to integrate LMS to NNM and also NNM to LMS(the later is not more than a link in the LMS GUI)

the Integration Utility (LMS into NNM) is provided with CDone or you can download it on CCO:

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/cw2000/cmc3rd.shtml

HTH,

MArtin

Sorry you have right on that.

Here are the details:

NNMEngHP11full B.06.31.00 Network Node Manager

ITOEngOraAll A.07.10 VPO English Oracle, all Agents B.11.11

Is this integration Free? How can i find the right tools and documentation?

Thank you

Hi Nuno,

as Martin wrote in his previous post:

Use the Link he provided. There you find an entry for HPOV NNM.

From there have a look for the Tool Version 1.6, since version 1.7 only supports NNM 6.4 or greater.

By the Way you need a CCO login to get acces to the tools.

The usage is free.

Best regards,

Frank

Thanks frankzehrer,

I want to be sure that HPOV NNM 6.31 works with RME 3.5. I know that integration utility 1.6 from cisco does not support HPOV NNM6.31 but hp have integration utilities and have support for that version.

I want to know if this integration works. The integration can be done from one side right?

HPOV box or Ciscoworks box.

best regards,

Nuno

for nnm6.31 an LMS 2.x (RME 3.x) it was version 1.5 of the integ Util to use.

But any integration I made needed some manual doing afterwards.

- rightMouse popup fort RME and CiscoView never worked because the selection criteria was not given in the according file.

-I always had to re-add telnet to the rightMouse menu for all nodes - it has disappeared after integration.

If you use the tool you should also use one of the latest nmidb file from cisco. You have the option to download it on the CiscoView device package download side (on CCO - login reqquuired) along with the device package itself.

Or you do all the integ manually :

Mibs, Traps, Icons and rightMouse menu

HTH MArtin