cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks and RME

cesarsoares
Level 1
Level 1

I installed LMS 2.5, with the RME, but not functions SYSLOG. But this collecting LOG's.

Which the solution for this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If SyslogAnalyzer is never started, then you will never get any messages processed. SyslogAnalyzer depends on EssMonitor, RMEDbMonitor, CTMJrmServer, and jrm. Check the status of those processes as one of them must not be running correctly.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly what aspects of syslog are not working? What syslog messages are appearing in the server's syslog file? What are the statuses of the SyslogCollector and SyslogAnalyzer processes?

When I open the RME and I ask for a report of them you finish 24 hours, appears "No records.".

The statuses of the SyslogCollector is "Program started - No mgt msgs received", and of the SyslogAnalyzer is "Never started ", but I initiated these processes manually, but never they change the status.

If SyslogAnalyzer is never started, then you will never get any messages processed. SyslogAnalyzer depends on EssMonitor, RMEDbMonitor, CTMJrmServer, and jrm. Check the status of those processes as one of them must not be running correctly.

They had disappeared "Device Selector", I reboot the server.

My friends, very thanks

Tt decided my problem, but this occurs again inside of some days. I have that to carry through this process again? This is normal?

To put the conditions of the processes they are:

SyslogAnalyzer Never started

EssMonitor Running normally

RMEDbMonitor Running normally

CTMJrmServer Never started

jrm Waiting to initialize

SyslogAnalyzer Never started

SyslogCollector Program started - No mgt msgs received

The root problem is jrm. What platform are you running on, and did you change the server's hostname after installing LMS?

Hi ms. Jclarke,

This functioning in the Intel platform, and I did not modify no user. When you says hostname of the user, which hostname wants to say?

I forgot to say in which S.O. this working. In Windows Server 2003 R2

I didn't say hostname of the user. I asked about hostname of the server. In any event, the jrm.log should have some errors as to why it is not fully initializing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: