cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks and tempory files - How to change destinetion folder for tmp files?

pinie0001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi freinds,

by default, ciscoworks save's file's named "asat000X.TMP" in c:\windows\temp.

any tmp files saven to this folder by windows settings.

i can change the destenetion folder for all "tmp" files by change the setting's in the operation system, but i want to make the change only for ciscowork's files.

(any tmp files will save's to the drfault folders, any tmp files of ciscoworks will save's to another folder)

there is option's to do it?

we use LMS 3.2

i attached photo of the tmp file's i meen.

thank's for the help

Pini Elbaz

4 Replies 4

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Right click on My computer > properties > Advanced > Environment variables and then change the values

to C:\temp or the location you want to.

Thanks-

Afroz

**Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi,

Thank you for the respond!

your solution is to all "tmp files", i look for a solution to change the destinetion only for the "tmp files" that created by ciscoworks.

I don't think it is possible..

if someone has some view ,please share it with us ...

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Allowing TEMP/TMP file directory space is an Operating system setting and not the application, mostly.

So here it will be more of a Windows question on how to allow only casuser to have a separate TMP/TEMP directory, as LMS uses a local windows user - casuser for its operations.

For it to be answered if it is possible to allow casuser a separate TMP/TEMP space, it has to be answered by someone good on windows or from MS.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **