Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks and tempory files

pinie0001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

i have a customer that work's with ciscoworks.

he complain that ciscoworks create a tempory files in c:\windows\temp.

the tempory files is detailes in the attach photo (asatxxx.tmp).

some of the files is more then 1 GB.

the version of ciscoworks is 3.2

anyone know about bug's cause to this creation tempory files or some reason's that create files like this?

Thank's

Pini Elbaz

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS or any software usually creates tmp files. Not sure if these files are created by LMS, even if so, usually temp/tmp files are suppose to be deleted by the application.

Can you please check if the content of this file is readable?

Have you updated the LMS to latest patch - LMS 3.2.1?

Can you check who is the owner of the file, under properties? Is this file created by casuser?

This issue is not seen before, so I am not sure of any related bugs as well. 

Also, if the major concern is to get rid of these files, as they take diskspace unnecessarily, you can try delete these files easily. Nothing under tmp/temp is usually important to LMS, unless locked by some process (which in any case will not be allowed to delete).

You can also, devise a small bat script on your server and use task scheduler to use it to periodically check and delete these files.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi.

Thank's for the help

i got the detail's from my customer:

LMS or any software usually creates tmp files. Not sure if these files are created by LMS, even if so, usually temp/tmp files are suppose to be deleted by the application.

Can you please check if the content of this file is readable? You can not see who the owner

Have you updated the LMS to latest patch - LMS 3.2.1? N/A

Can you check who is the owner of the file, under properties? Is this file created by casuser?

This issue is not seen before, so I am not sure of any related bugs as well. 

Also, if the major concern is to get rid of these files, as they take diskspace unnecessarily, you can try delete these files easily. Nothing under tmp/temp is usually important to LMS, unless locked by some process (which in any case will not be allowed to delete).

You can also, devise a small bat script on your server and use task scheduler to use it to periodically check and delete these files.

Files are locked and can not release them and delete them,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: