cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks ANI database engine failed to start

connect
Level 1
Level 1

The ANIDb engine is failing to start with a couple of errors in the event log which states there is a share violation.

24 Replies 24

posted the file below

The file is definitely corrupt. It looks like your server ran out of disk space, or has a bad disk. That would explain both this problem, and your ANI database problem.

Your only recourse at this point is to restore LMS from a known good backup (which will restore a good regdaemon.xml) or reinstall all of LMS from scratch.

I have a backup taken some days back with the command backup.pl.

if i restore the backup, will it solve my problem???

If the backup is a good one, yes. If it was taken after the disk/file corruption, then no.

i searched the backup folder. in my case the latest generation is 9. but i could not find any xml file within. can you please explain this?

guess, i have to opt for restorebackup.pl right?

You need to restore the whole backup. The regdaemon.xml file is stored within one of the tar files in the backup.

can u please check if this file is good one.

Yes, this file is good.

i extracted the file using a tar utility. then did as instructed by you and now I am able to login and the CW server is running great.

Thanks for your help. three cheers to you. bye and take care.

dinesh joshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

I am facing problem with cisco works lms 3.1. The server is showing page can not be displayed. While check the services

ANI database engine not getting started. Error is attached. I have only 298 mb space is remaining in the server. Can this be the one reson for the problem.

our syslog file size 253 gb is occuping all the space and the syslog file size is still increasing. Can we remove this file after taking backup, will the Ciscoworks create this file again automatically.

I have restrated all the services and server as well.

I have found the below solution with the same problem but i am not getting NMSROOT directory in my folders to run the command.

" First, set the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service to Manual, and reboot the server.  When the server reboots, delete NMSROOT\databases\ani\ani.log if it exists.  Then run:

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv9 -f NMSROOT\databases\ani\ani.db

After that, set the Daemon Manager service back to Automatic, and reboot again.  See if the ANI database engine starts.  If not, you will need to reinitialize your ANI database with the command:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI"

Please help.

Regards,

Dinesh Joshi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: