Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks ANI server cannot connect, Joe Clark please help

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

Joe, if you see this, please help

I noticed yesterday I was getting some Java errors when opening different modules of Cisco Works, Campus Manager, RME.

I rebooted the server and everything seemd to be working fine. I tried to set up Notification Services after the reboot and it seemed to go without incident.

This morning Common Services shows

"DCA Server is down or inaccessable"

Campus Manager shows:

"Cannot connect to ANI Server since it is down"

Here is a clip from ani.log:

2007/12/28 08:00:08 Thread-76 ani ERROR DBConnection$ConnectionCreator: Failed to establish DB connectivity because: java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

2007/12/28 08:00:08 Discovery ani ERROR DiscoveryTimeBaseStat: Failed to enumerate Wbu table names because null

2007/12/28 08:00:08 Discovery ani DiscoveryTimeBaseStat: {NumDevices=31}{NumDiscovered=0}{NumDeleted=0}{DPH=14695}{OPH=0}

2007/12/28 08:00:08 Discovery ani DiscoveryTimeBaseImpl: completed: Discovery in 8578 ms

1198846847568 December 28, 2007 8:00:47 AM ES_SVRCWLMS__1198788044958(127) SVRCWLMS Error EDSSY0012: Cannot connect to EDS.

1198846910568 December 28, 2007 8:01:50 AM ES_SVRCWLMS__1198788044958(127) SVRCWLMS Error EDSSY0012: Cannot connect to EDS.

1198846973568 December 28, 2007 8:02:53 AM ES_SVRCWLMS__1198788044958(127) SVRCWLMS Error EDSSY0012: Cannot connect to EDS.

Reboot has not helped this morning.

I just found out we did some WIndows patches a couple of days ago.

21 Replies 21

Not very common considering the number of deployments of CiscoWorks and the number of times CiscoWorks servers are rebooted.

These commands apply to all of the CiscoWorks Sybase databases. Basically, any dsn under the NMSROOT/databases directory.

You would have list some information that was not checkpointed before the server was rebooted. However, for users that have been told to do these recovery steps, none have reported any obvious data loss to my knowledge.

Joe,

Is there any way this could have been related to me setting up Notification Services?

Something I noticed yesterday is that when setting up "Event Sets", nothing shows up.

Per the document (and I saw this yesterday after a reboot of the server (most likely what caused the problem), I should see a list of items to trigger notification and I can configure nine different sets.

But, I see "No Records" on the Event Sets page.

I see the A,B,C etc, but nothing under them.

After a reboot yesterday, then I saw the items and checked off for the different event sets.

My goal is to have an e-mail alert when switch or router interfaces go down , or high utilization of fragmentation.

No, this was caused by the database engines being improperly shutdown which most likely occurs when the server is shutdown improperly. Nothing done through the CiscoWorks GUI would ever cause transaction log corruption.

If you tried to do anything with events in DFM, you would have gotten errors or no results since the EPM database was down.

At this point, assuming the EPM database and EPMServer are up, you should see events in your event set configuration, and you should be able to assign events to those sets.

Joe,

I have noticed in Alerts and Activities (I saw this yesterday also) numerous alerts some active for more than 200 days.

I have tried to clear them and it seems to hang the application. Then going back in, I see no alrts.

Can I clear all of these active alerts at once?

Not yet. The ability to clear alerts en masse is coming in DFM 3.1 part of LMS 3.1 due out late this spring.

If you are going to pursue DFM troubleshooting, please start a new thread.

Dear Joseph,

Can you check the issue posted on the below link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3791932#3791932

Please i didnt get any reply till now.

appreciate ur help.

BR,

Ziad Kassab

Joe,

Another thing is the dcmaservice and the ANIServerlog logs stopped updating at 3:41 yesterday afternoon.

Nothing since then.