Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks:Archieve configurations of routers/switches with only ssh/telnet

raza555
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I want to do the archieve configurations of couple of routers/switches with only ssh/telnet and rest thousands of devices will be via snmp.

Currently I am backing up the configurations of thoudands of  routers/switches via snmp, as snmp is configured on them, but couple of routers/switches are external and snmp is not configured on them so I want to get their configuration via ssh/telnet only.

Please advise me that is it possible to do the archieve configurations of routers/switches with only ssh/telnet?

I am using the

LMS: 1.2.0

RME: 4.3.0

CS:    3.3.0

CM:   5.2.1

DFM: 3.2.0

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The config archive protocol order applies to all devices universally.  Since you are using TFTP for most of your devices, I recommend you leave TFTP at the top of the protocol order list.  Add TELNET and SSH below TFTP.  The external devices will be attempted with SNMP/TFTP, but those operations will fail.  RME will then fall back to TELNET then to SSH.  It will eventually fetch the configuration successfully.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The config archive protocol order applies to all devices universally.  Since you are using TFTP for most of your devices, I recommend you leave TFTP at the top of the protocol order list.  Add TELNET and SSH below TFTP.  The external devices will be attempted with SNMP/TFTP, but those operations will fail.  RME will then fall back to TELNET then to SSH.  It will eventually fetch the configuration successfully.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: