Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Ciscoworks Backup to a network drive LMS 3.0

I have LMS 3.0 and would like to backup the database to another server/network drive. Is this possible and how do I do it?

In common services would i need to manually type the path: \\<server address>\<drive> ??? or similar???

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Ciscoworks Backup to a network drive LMS 3.0

This is not possible. You _could_ mount the drive (i.e. assign it a letter), then try the backup, but this would be ill advised given that network issues could corrupt your backup. But, if you have a reliable, fast network, it should work.

Hmm ill try mounting the drive/share and seeing if that works. Our network is quite stable. However, i do agree with you about corrupt backups. The customer is keen to backup everything to a seperate server....hmm lets see! thank u for your help.

another way to go is to store the backup local (as designed by LMS) and setup a script that copies the backup-files over the network. You can also verify that the copy process was successfull (md5 checksum) and schedule the job with at or crontab.

yes that wud be useful!!!....hmm i shall see if the customers backup facility does that.... thank u

Views
Helpful
Replies