Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Ciscoworks - Bug fixes

Is it possible to use CiscoWorks to identify any devices on my network that require a certain bug fix? I need to check to see what devices have the correct OS that contains the new DST modifications. I was hoping I could use CW to search for devices that require CSCsg70355. Any help would be great!

8 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Ciscoworks - Bug fixes

You can use RME's Bug Toolkit reporting feature to do this. It can be found under RME > Reports > Report Generator. Just select the Locate Device Report.

Great! I was in the right area I just wasnt choosing the Locate Device Report. This worked perfectly. Thank you!

Ok, so I found a problem.

I ran the BugToolKit report for the DST bug I mentioned earlier. It came back with a report of several 100 devices and saying "none" in the affected devices section. Skeptical, I looked through the list of devices it checked and one of them is a 7206 router running a version of IOS that is affected by the bug! I even tested the device to be sure it really did have the bug. I must be doing something wrong. What good is an inaccurate report?

Cisco Employee

What version of RME are you using?

Running 4.1.0

Cisco Employee

I have found the problem causing this. I have filed CSCso14160 to track this problem. If you open a TAC service request and have your engineer contact me, I can provide a patch.

Good deal. I will do so. When I open the case, will they know who I mean if I say "Jclarke on the NetPro forums found the issue"?

I have opened case #: 608138601

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies