cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks campus manager 3.3 Layer 2 view error

samantha.lk
Level 1
Level 1

I am using CISCOWORKS Campus Manager 3.3 and recently having a discovering issue with one device on the network.

when I go to campus manager-> topology services-> network views-> layer2 view and click on display view, one 6503 switch is not appearing on that. It was appearing previously and this happened after restarting the switch. But this switch is operational and didn't do any configuration changes on it.

I did following troubleshooting steps on the switch device.

1. Verified if CDP is enabled on the missing device.

2. Verified that it listed using the show cdp neighbor command on the neighboring device.

3. Verified that the remote IP address is correct in the neighbor device.

4. device is not listed in the Campus Manager -> Topology Services -> Network Views -> Unconnected Devices View.

Further some links between devices in the layer 2 view are also breaking in between and intermediately connecting to a horizontal line called "Ethernet 1000m"

Kindly help me to get this resolved.

25 Replies 25

Please find them here. Thanks for helping.

I wanted ANIServer.properties not ANIServer.properties.orig.

Sorry for the confusion. I have uploaded it here.

I still don't see where the problem is. Did you reinitialize your ANI database?

thanks for prompt response.

I only re-started the LMS server yet. And kindly let me know how to backup the existing database and restore it if something goes wrong in the reinitializing procedure.

so can I do it as bellow you instructed earliar by running in the command prompt?

{shutting down dmgtd, then running:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/campus/bin/reinitdb.pl -restore

Then restart dmgtd, and run a new Campus Manager discovery.}

please advice.

You would need to run the NMSROOT\bin\backup.pl script, or perform a backup through the LMS GUI. However, since a reinitialization starts with a clean database, I don't anticipate anything going wrong.

The above procedure to reinitialize the ANI database is correct.

when I run the backup command as

d:\programe files\CSCOpx\bin\backup.pl in the command prompt, "open with" dialog box is poping up to select the appropiate programe to open it.

I hope it is looking for a perl software.

Kindly instruct which programe do I need to select or should have to run it.

Many thanks for your support.

You need to run it with NMSROOT\bin\perl just as you do reinitdb.pl.

when I run the backup command as

d:\programe files\CSCOpx\bin\backup.pl in the command prompt, "open with" dialog box is poping up to select the appropiate programe to open it.

I hope it is looking for a perl software.

Kindly instruct which programe do I need to select or should have to run it.

Many thanks for your support.

Many thanks for spending your valuble time to attend my issue so far. I was able to make a backup as you instructed. But still didn't do the reinitialization since I'm struck with another firewall issue and planning to do it after that.

Kindly advice regarding that Bus link creation issue also. Thanks for your invaluable support.

I feel the reinitialization may have a positive effect on the bus link issue as well.