Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks can do this?

I would need to know if CiscoWorks LMS 3.1 can perform the following tasks:

At least once a week connect all our machines a perform a couple of show command. The output of this show should be captured and the results should be sent by email or to HPOVO.

Thanks very much in advance!!

4 Replies 4

any ideas?

thanks very much in advance!

use netshow / netconfig in rme.

as for outputing to HPOV .... that's a diff. issue.

pvanvuuren
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

The scheduling of the Netshow commands within RME is easy and straight forward.

RME's Netshow jobs that are scheduled to run daily or  weekly will create its results in the following folder structure (Windows): C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\files\rme\jobs\NetShow\[jobnumber]\[schedule instance]

where jobnumber will be the folder corresponding to the scheduled netshow job number. And then as each job completes weekly, it creates a consecutive number for that particular job.

The netshow job will create a few files, but the actual results will be within the *.dev files. I don't know of way to get them to be sent via email, but I supose you could run some kind of script to collect these files.

cheers

P

i would use info from  *.dev files and run a  perl script to run an snmptrap to the Openview Server. The message part of the trap would obviously be the info you want. Create your own OID if you chose to and create a simple MIB and install on the OVO server. You could use the standard snmptrap or trapsend application on NNM server to actually sent the trap.