cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks cannot connect to server: Exception in connectToAni()

wwanjohi123
Level 1
Level 1

When i log in to Ciscoworks and try acessing administration. I get an error message 2 below.

"Can not connect to server: Exception in connectToAni()"

"Unable to load properties from server. Please try after sometime."

Kindly assist on what i nned to do to restorethe connection to my ANI database.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The command to shutdown dmgtd is:

net stop crmdmgtd

Before you do that, I need the output of:

pdreg -l RmeOrb

When you get the new netstat -a -n -o, I also need a full process list including PID from this machine.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

From the command line can you do a pdshow and see if the database is running ?

If you have restarted the server and you have a large network, you will have to wait up to half an hour before the Campus ANI database will respond to requests.

ANIDbEngine is running but ANIserver is not. Even when i start the process it doesn't start.

Please provide the full pdshow output.

Attached is the full pdshow output.

I started Aniserver process and is now Running with busy flag set, but still can't connect.

It may take a while for ANIServer to fully initialize. After about 10 minutes, if you still can't connect, post the ani.log.

Attached is the ANI.log

There is a problem with EDS. Please post the EDS.log. Was the IP address or hostname changed on this server recently?

Hi,

We haven't changed the hostname or the IP address attached is the EDS.log and the latest PDShow.

Winnie.

Does the file NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cmf/eds/loader/EDSClassLoader.class exist?

Yes the file exists.

It looks like things were working fine for a while up until September 14. What happened on the 14th? Have you tried a reboot of the server since then?

I was trying to run the logrot script to resize my log file which was so big. I stopped the syslog service, deleted the syslog.log file and restarted the server. from then it hasn't worked.

Shutdown dmgtd, then post the output of "netstat -a -n -o -b". If that doesn't work, try "netstat -a -n -o". If that doesn't work, "netstat -a -n".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: