cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks DCR Out Of Sync between Master\Slave

mnlatif
Level 3
Level 3

We have 2 CiscoWorks Servers running in Master\Slave configuration. Both are also integrated with Secure ACS.

Somehow the Device Sync is lost between these Servers.

E.g. Primary Server has 792 devices while the Slave is only showing around 680. I have restarted the Slave quite a few times but no luck.

Any quick way to fix this ?

Thanks,

Naman

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From where are you getting these numbers?

On both Servers, I am going to "Common Services Home" and then looking under the section "Device Credentials and Admin".

E.g. In the Primary Server I have 792 in 'Authorized Devices' and 0 in 'Devices not configured in ACS'.

On the Slave Server I have 633 in 'Authorized Devices' and 7 in 'devices not configured in ACS'.

I also know for a fact that DFM (which is running on the Slave Server) is missing quite a few devices, obviously because they are not present in the DCR.

Thanks,

Naman

The only way to force a sync is to break, then re-establish the DCR master slave relationship. To debug this problem, you will need to enable DCR debugging, restart dmgtd, then check the dcr.log for errors. Enabling debug depends on the version of LMS.

Thanks. I will give that a try.

To break and re-establish the DCR master slave relationship, do you just change the SSO setup from slave to master, then back again?

Yes, the quickest way is to use dcrcli.

No. SSO and DCR have nothing to do with each other. To break DCR integration, you go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Admin > Mode Settings. You can also use dcrcli with the "setstand" command to set the mode to Standalone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: