cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Design question

jobidondave
Level 1
Level 1

In a Single Domain setup with 2 CiscoWorks LMS Bundle 1.5K running on a total of 5 servers, what's the best practice to install modules? 1 server is the Master DCR, 2 servers with slave DCR and RME and 2 other servers with slave DCR and CM. Where should I install IPM and DFM?

Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The DCR master can have RME installed on it. DCR itself is pretty lightweight, and doesn't really require its own server. RME doesn't really need two servers for 1.5K devices. One is enough unless you want to segment the network. DFM should be put on its own server as it can be a resource hog. IPM can live on one the Campus Manager server.

View solution in original post

Yes. If you duplicate components other than Common Services, you need multiple licenses.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The DCR master can have RME installed on it. DCR itself is pretty lightweight, and doesn't really require its own server. RME doesn't really need two servers for 1.5K devices. One is enough unless you want to segment the network. DFM should be put on its own server as it can be a resource hog. IPM can live on one the Campus Manager server.

Thanks Joe, Since I need to segment the network, do I need 2 licenses of LMS to have 2 RME servers?

Yes. If you duplicate components other than Common Services, you need multiple licenses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: