cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Detecting all devices in network

kwernernetwork
Level 1
Level 1

I have Ciscoworks LMS2.6 and I'd like to detect all the devices on my network that have an IP Address so that I can get a good understanding of how many IPs are in use, and which IPs are being used. Can Ciscoworks do this for me? If so, how? If not, is there a product that can?

I'm trying to update our IP Database so that we know whether or not its accurate.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Provided all of those IPs are connected to Cisco switches or access points, then the User Tracking application in LMS will do this for you. User Tracking will present you with a list of all end users and IP phones in the network, and the switch port to which they connect. LMS 2.6 can support up to 100,000 users of which 30,000 can be Cisco IP phones.

Hi, thanks for the info. Yes all devices are connected via Cisco products.

I should also point out that while UT will give you all your end users, it will not show the interconnected Cisco devices. The Topology Map piece of Campus Manager (in LMS) will show you a layer 2 view of the network, and the Resource Manager Essentials application will allow you to report on all interfaces and their IP addresses.

Oh, ok. Thanks for including that!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco