I recently updated the DFM 2.0.6 on our LMS 2.6 bundle to DFM 2.0.10 as it couldn't discover some devices including ASA5520. After the update I see the e-mail notification for the custom device group is not working. I had previously checked this by lowering the CPU util threshold to a lower value so that I can force an e-mail notification generation. This no longer works - any suggestions appreciated.
My apologies for interjecting my side of the problem (was searching the forum and I saw this similar problem).
Yes the events are still coming in. Further check into the Device Fault History also showed the logged events (like HighUtilization on one of my devices). Only the email notification just stopped being sent out. Any other logs we should look into?
Not for this custom group. However, I did receive notification from another group that showed up an Alert as well.
I removed all devices from this group except the test PIX that generated the alert in 2.0.6 when the CPU util threshold was lowered. I am doing the same test now and not seeing any alerts or email notification.
If the events are not coming in to AAD, then that's where the problem lies. What is the state of this PIX in DFM? You can find this under DFM > Device Management > Rediscover/Delete.
Thank you. I checked that one already. It is a known device and I even re-discovered that. The whole update for DFM was done becaude the ASA5520s were unknown devices, and I ran a rediscovery for all devices after that. Is there any log file that will shed some light? - thanks for the help.
At this point, the most revealing thing to do would be to get a sniffer trace of DFM polling the PIX. Since you're playing with CPU usage, you only need to capture one polling cycle to verify the if the PIX is reporting the correct value. Start the capture filtering on all SNMP traffic to this PIX. The default polling interval is every four minutes, so unless you changed that, you will need to wait at most four minutes to get the data.
Thanks again. I did run a capture for about 10 min and I see 2 sets of Get requests and response between the CW server and the PIX. So, there is communication.
If it helps, running a Fault History report on any device now throws a "user has no permission" error. I previously saw this if I don't use the FQDN.
Doesn't appear that DFM is polling any CPU values on the PIX. What objects do you see available in the Detailed Device View for this device (DFM > Device Management > Device Details)? I'm betting there is no CPU object there.
If I look at the DDV for this device and select "processor", it shows the managed state = "true", and Utilization = "not available".
This may be a new bug, then. Unfortunately, I do not have a PIX readily available with which I can test. I recommend you open a TAC service request with the information you have collected thus far for further analysis.
Thank you for the help. It probably is. The PIX test worked like a charm with 2.0.6.With 2.0.10, the ASA5520 got discovered but the test for CPU util threshold is not working at all for PIX or ASA.
I had the same issue - the email notifications just stopped!
All we did was update the following on our LMS 2.6:
Common Services 3.0.5 to 3.0.6
RME 4.0.5 to 4.0.6
DFM 2.0.6 to 2.0.10
Campus Manager 4.0.6 to 4.0.10