cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks DFM Devices Questioned

jwright
Level 1
Level 1

I've recently upgraded Ciscoworks LMS to version 3 from version 2.5. Since the upgrade, a majority of my DFM devices are categorized as "Questioned". I've tried rediscovering these devices and the problem remains. I've also tried deleting them by disabling the synchronization with the DCR and then deleting the devices without success. The deleted devices move to a pending state and then after many hours move back to being questioned. All of the devices in either a questioned or a pending state show an error message under "Data Collector Status Information" that reads "DataCollector request timeout(internal problem)". Any ideas / help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Okay, looks like there are some DFM database problems. Let's reinitialize all of the DFM databases, and see if we get into a better place.

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmInv dmprefix=INV

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

Then delete NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf/DFM.rps and DFM1.rps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the output of pdshow.

see attachment

Okay, looks like there are some DFM database problems. Let's reinitialize all of the DFM databases, and see if we get into a better place.

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmInv dmprefix=INV

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

Then delete NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf/DFM.rps and DFM1.rps.

Thanks Joe.... very much appreciated.

I had the same problem with some newly added devices, the described process solved it in a few minutes (all devices are now known).

Many thanks from me as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: