Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks general question - template deployment to new devices

chris-gibbs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

My team leader wants me to come up with a process for deploying a brand new switch / router / ap / fw (whatever) with the company approved templates in RME. This process would also include steps to updeate the IOS to a crypto image.

Now in my manual process i can currently build up a new switch with upgraded IOS image in quite a short period of time, utilising saved config in txt format.

The ciscoworks process that im developing involves double handling a lot and still needing console configuration. IE

1. console and set IP and telnet credientials

2. Add device in Common services

3. Push IOS to device

4. Push relevant templates to device.

5. Re-IP device via console and send to site.

6. Update IP in CS....

Anyone have any other thoughts that can make the process a little more streamlined.....

Thanks

Chris

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds okay to me. Of course, step 1 will also involve configuring at least an SNMP read-only community string on the device so LMS will be able to manage it. Depending on the device, a read-write string may also be required.

Other than that, RME can handle all of the non-console steps easily. You can use SWIM and Config Editor to deploy your image, and push your saved text file to the device.

group4entr200
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we are a group of purdue students that are doing a success case analysis over cisco as a company. We would really appreciate it if you take a few mintues to answer a couple of questions.

-Are you satisfied with the services provided with this company?

-What do you like/dislike the most about cisco?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: