Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks: How to delete manually added devices with multiple IP Addresses

raza555
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We are managing about 3000 devices via CiscoWorks. All devices have been added in CiscoWorks manually and automatically discovery is turned off.

Problem: Mistakenly many devices have been added in CW multiple times with different IP Addresses. Please advices how identify and remove devices exist in CW with multiple IP addresses. OR is it possible that we first identify the devices with multiple IP addresses and then keep only its management IP address and delete its other IP Addresses.

I am using;

LMS:3.2

RME: 4.3

CM:5.2.1

3 Replies 3

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Those duplicate entries will be identified by LMS after inventory polling as "aliased" or "conflicting" devices, assuming LMS could get to them via the multiple IP addrs. Then you can simply pick-n-choose which one to keep, assuming the duplicates were entered with unique Display Names, or without, in which case they'll show up with raw IP addrs.

Thanks for reply.

I have seen duplicate entries as aliased devices and already pick-n-choose which one to keep long time ago. Now no device is displaying as aliased device But 100s of other devices exist with multiple ip addresses. Also in CM when subnets based groups are displayed, 100s of devices- IP Addresses exit in different subnets. Furthermore in out case device name is unique but each device has many ip addresses

Please advise how I can identify that which device has multiple IP Addresses. Is it possible to generate report for it?

I don't recall a built-in report if there's one, but on Solaris, it should be pretty straight-forward to find the duplicates with a script: Export the list of DCR devices to a CSV file (/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dcrcli -u admin exp fn=output.csv ft=csv), then snmpwalk the sysName OID (1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5) of the devices on the list. Sort the results by the sysName column. Voila, you can spot the duplicates all bunched together. On Windows, you could use a VBScript or something.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: