cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks interface configuration

peter.faist
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to go about configuring interfaces on multiple devices? I want to roll out a change to 40 routers, to the individual interfaces, as opposed to the global config mode, because it's interface specific. However, I can't seem to find out where and how you would do this.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

6 Replies 6

ToddWarren
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using RME to fetch configs? What version? I'm using RME 3.5. You can use Config Editor to edit the changes in each config file since they are interface/location specific and then push in a batch job. If all the changes were identical you could use Netconfig.

Yes, I'm using RME v4.01. Part of LMS 2.5.

So, say I wanted to roll out

"no ip redirects" to all interfaces on all routers.. Netconfig would be hard since you can seemingly only use an Ad-hoc job to push this. I'd have to specify all possible interfaces, and then the command, kinda like this:

int e0/0

no ip redirects

int s0/0

no ip redirects

int bri0/0

no ip redirects

etc...

Ofcourse, this would cause most to fail because the list would be lengthy, so it's not really a good solution.

Manipulating the configs one-at-a-time isn't an efficient solution either.

I thought somewhow CW might be able to apply the changes to all the relevent interfaces, but I'm not quite sure how to accomplish that, other than a blanket batch.

You might want to look into the baseline template and compliance portion of RME 4.0:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000e/e_4_x/4_0/u_guide/config.htm

Is there an equivalent to this for RME 3.5?

There is no equivalent to this for RME 3.5

This is a new feature in RME 4.0

Ah ha.. didn't know you could use wildcards like that in the compliance template.. (which is very cool by the way...)

Thanks Nhabib!