Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks License Server Down? Unable to start modules

mbstrauss
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Currently having troubles starting any CiscoWorks module. Getting a mixture of errors including the following when I attempt to start 'Config Management/Archive Management' and 'Device Management' respectively.

License Server/Daemon Manager is down. Please check license.log for more information.

Error communicating with License Server. License Server may be down. Please start the License Server, then refresh the page.

The license.log does not show anything useful as the last log was written more than 3 months ago.

I've restarted License Manager within CiscoWorks and that shows it has started and CiscoWorks Daemon Manager is also started under services.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the output of the pdshow command. what version of LMS is this? On what platform is it running?

Thanks J for the prompt reply.

Please find attached the output of pdshow.

I believe I'm running LMS 2.6, and Common Services is version 3.0.5

Post the TomcatMonitor.log, RmeGatekeeper.log, and EDS.log.

As requested... here are the logs.

Last logs were from a while ago though.

What versions of LMS and QPM do you have? What messages do you see on the server's console (either mstsc /console, VNC, or on the monitor connected to the server)?

Currently running Version 2.6 of LMS and 4.0 of QPM. Not seeing any messages come up when I RDP to the server. It looks as ikf everything has started normally but just these error messages on the web pages.

It appears very few Java processes are starting. It's not clear as to why this is happening. In the past, we have seen Windows Data Execution Preventation cause problems with Java processes. Try disabling DEP, then reboot, and see if the processes start.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco